vADC Forum

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Auditlog to Remote Syslog

Has anyone had joy with getting the VTM auditlog to output to a remote syslog server?  I have set the global option auditlog!via_syslog=yes and also set the alerting actions to output to syslog.  The "update and test" syslog works fine and an info message is logged to syslog whenever a configuration change is made, but it does not log the whole auditlog to syslog (usernames, timestamps, actions etc).

Brocadian

Re: Auditlog to Remote Syslog

Hi,

What version of vtm are you running?

Baptiste

Occasional Contributor

Version 11

Brocadian

Could you please raise a support ticket?

It looks like a bug and I can reproduce it (tcpdump don't show any syslog packets leaving the vtm).

Baptiste

Occasional Contributor

FYI, I raised a support request and it turns out not to be a bug but by design (although the wording is very misleading!).  The "auditlog!via_syslog"  global option only logs to a local syslog server.  To log to a remote syslog server you need to select the "auditlog!via_eventd" global option.  You can then configure your remote syslog server as a new alerting action and set the "Audit Events" event to point to that action.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook