Wingspan

More Power to the Channel

by BarbaraSpicek on ‎10-07-2009 03:00 AM (231 Views)

From Barbara Spicek, VP of Global Channels:

Ask any channel partner what the key motivating factor for them in this business is and nine out of ten times, I’ll bet you the answer will be “profitability.” Especially in lean economic times like these and since many other vendors are chipping away at margins, being profitable is more important than ever before.

When I made the transition into my current role nearly ten months ago, I pledged to myself that I would lead my team in the development of a world-class program designed to be qualitative in nature and that would enable partners to be profitable through working with Brocade. Those of you who regularly follow this blog already know that that’s the main focus of theAlliance Partner Network (APN), which was launched earlier this year. To further enhance the program, we created several new initiatives developed specifically to deliver what I call ROP – “Return on Partnership” - to our global channel reseller partners.

Last month, we formally announced the new Professional Service Program – we call it PSP for short – which will enable a select group of channel partners to deliver a wide range of Brocade IP professional services or resell their own services as Brocade-certified. In a nutshell, this program would provide an additional source of revenue for channel partners looking to capitalize on the delivery of professional services. According to a recent IDC report, the amount of revenue that partners are deriving from services is steadily increasing, which represents a nice market opportunity for partners.

PSP+Logo.png

Along with the PSP, we also introduced a Support Delivery Program – SDP for short – which allows select partners to deliver Tier-1 and Tier-2 support to customers, empowering partners with the ability to build more strategic relationships with customers and opening the door to new revenue-generating possibilities.

SDP+Logo.png

Launching these two powerful new programs underscores my goal to continuously develop ROP for channels. Quid pro quo is what Brocade stands for - Mutual return on investment through partnership.