Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Occasional Visitor

Where can I get help setting up interfaces on a Vyatta5400 vRouter in ESXi 5.5 ?

I am trying to connect two networks on a vmware esxi 5.5 machine to route between them. I'm tring to use one interface on a 10.10.0.0 network switch and an interface on a 172.31.0.0 network.

Question 1....why do I need the OVA and then an ISO to get one router ?
Question 2....how do I configure eth interfaces when set inerfaces eth is not an option ?
Question 3....do I have the wrong router ?

Neither device seems to have any eth interfaces.

Brocadian

Re: Where can I get help setting up interfaces on a Vyatta5400 vRouter in ESXi 5.5 ?

1. I have a prefernce for using the ISO instead of the OVA, but you do not have to use both. Importing the OVA is the easer process.

Simply import the OVA and it will set up the VM guest and copy the VMDK into ESXi and you should be ready to go.

2. Make sure that the interfaces at added to the VM guest and 'connected' at boot. Reboot the guest.

config

set interface ethernet eth0 address x.x.x.x/x

set interface ethernet eth1 address x.x.x.x/x

commit

save

3. The vRouter 5400 is a pretty straightforward router that works quite nicely on ESXi. I think you have the right product.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook