Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

New Contributor

Vyatta and RFCs

[ Edited ]

Hi, could anybody advice me where I can find information about Vaytta compatibility to different RFCs (for example RFC4787, RFC5382, RFC5508)?

I just need to know can Vyatta provide NAT with specific set of features or not (Endpoint Independent Mapping/Filtering, Paired IP address pooling behavior, Port Parity preservation for UDP, Hairpinning behavior, Active FTP/PPTP ALG, Port Limit per subscriber, Mapping Refresh, NAT logging)

thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Vyatta and RFCs

Hi Rustam,

The info is not listed in the datasheet nor can I see it in the online Vyatta documentation.  I think the ALG's for Vyatta are for the firewall only and not for NAT, looks like you what more of a CGN which Vyatta does not support.

Thanks
Michael
New Contributor

Thank you, Michael

Am I right that Vyatta doesn`t support CGN at all? Is it because of absense of some features or Vyatta just can`t work with big numbers of users?

Best,
Rustam

Frequent Contributor

As far as I know it just is not a feature in Vyatta, could it be done, sure it could.  All you can do is ask Brocade to do a feature request and see where that takes you.

Thanks
Michael

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook