Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Vyatta VPN 0.0.0.0

I have a Vyatta router that we use to serve up close to 100 VPN tunnels to different customers.  We have some customers that have dual/failover internet connections and want the VPN to failover whenever their internet does.  Currently we have each VPN set up so that it points to a static WAN address for the customer.  When their internet moves to the secondary connection their IP changes and so the VPN fails to connect.  I have experiemented with using 0.0.0.0 as the peer but that doesn't seem to work well with other VPN tunnels set to go to a specific IP. If a regular VPN tunnel goes to reconnect it hits the 0.0.0.0 instead of the specific tunnel configured for it.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?  

I have considered changing everybody to 0.0.0.0 but then everybody has the same preshared key and I am not sure if there is a limit to the number of tunnels under one VPN policy.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Broadcom

Re: Vyatta VPN 0.0.0.0

There are a few ways i can picture doing this, which VPN techonlogy are you using?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook