Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Vyatta 6.6 R1 with single WAN but Dual IP

Hello,

Environment:

- I have my Vyatta 6.6 R1 running as a VM on ESXi 5.1.

- I have one virtual NIC for Vyatta facing internally with a 10.x.x.x IP.

- I had one virtual NIC for Vyatta facing the modem, with a single IP address and this was working.

- I have installed a second virtual NIC for Vyatta facing the modem.

- I have given it DHCP and it does take a valid IP address from my modem.

What I tried:

- I tried to setup a second SNAT rule with masquarading.

- I tried adding DNAT rules to handle the incoming.

- I tried making a new firewall named for the NIC and attaching it at the NIC level.

Result:

- All of this resulted in a working inbound connection, where what I routed through my second and first public IPs was passing through but connections from the inside and outside were all unstable.

- Running 'show nat source translations' I saw that most of the connections were split evenly between the two public IPs and that is not the rules I setup.

What I want:

- I do not know enough to understand what the options in Vyatta are for, at least not all of them, so please understand.

- I want all of my internal connections out to use the first IP only.

- I want anything that connects in through the first IP to respond out using that same first IP.

- I want anything that connects in through the second IP to respond out using the same second IP.

I have seen options like the load balancing and so on which I do not fully understand, and I am not sure what I need here to make this stable.

Please help.

Thanks,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook