Virtual Router/ Firewall/ VPN

Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time per http://www.brocade.com/en/support/product-end-of-life.html.

What if any other product is replacing them?

If there is no replacement, what is Brocade's advisement to customers?

External Moderator

Re: Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

pschack@us.ibm.com

->What if any other product is replacing them?

-> If there is no replacement, what is Brocade's advisement to customers?

As Know due the Aquisition Brocade from diverse other Company, AT&T Acquire the VYATTA Software.

to you question:

Personally and this is my pure opinion, I think and write this here very carefully, AT&T will continued to offer the product and Support, otherwise - and this is my stupid opinion - would make absolutely no sense that AT&T Acquire the VYATTA Software Devision from Brocade, and would not continued to offer.

I would suggest to ask you Responsable Brocade / IBM Product Manager to clarified.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Both the vRouter (Vyatta) 5400 and 5600 are going EOL/EOS in a very short time, no replacement ?!

Ugh. Thanks for pointing this out!

I notice that it was announced a few days after the announcement of AT&T acquiring the Vyatta IP. Maybe nobody is interested in the existing end users as part of that deal?

Frequent Contributor

Dear Nate,

I just had a meeting with our Brocade reps last week, they shared with futur roadmap post Extreme acquisition.

As part of the sale, it appears that all SDN / NFV portfolio has been / is being / will be sold if it's not EOS/EOL already.

Best regards.

New Contributor

Why didn't Extreme purchase the 5600? That would have been a better fit than AT&T. Well, since neither Brocade nor AT&T has offered any replacement strategy for the 5600, I suggest taking a look at the 6WIND products. They are similar to the 5600 in architecture and deployment models and they have a replacement program.

regards

Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody,

Any news from AT&T / Brocade about  the 5600 vrouter ? Is there any  program for customers having vyatta vRouter ?

thanks in advance,

Occasional Visitor

My company (Netgate), who are the company behind pfSense, has a product launching end of Nov 2017 that is a lot like the 5600.

Perhaps that will suit your needs.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook