The Channel

In the Spirit of Giving Thanks…

by BarbaraSpicek on ‎11-28-2011 02:50 PM (303 Views)

When the weather turns crisp, it feels like Fall in the Bay Area. Admittedly, this is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the customs and the festivities. In particular, Thanksgiving signals the beginning of the holiday season which, for me, has always been a time to reflect and remember how far we’ve come. 2011 has no doubt been a whirlwind year for the Brocade channel team – from greater alignment with key distributor partners to delivering upon the “channel is the point of integration” vision to the unveiling of new offerings that are intended to provide additional opportunities to partners to widen their sphere of influence and drive additional revenue streams, such as Brocade Network Subscription.

So, seeing as that the Thanksgiving holiday has just passed, I wanted to take a few moments to look back and share with you what I’m thankful for this year:

• Vocal partners who speak their minds: If you’ve heard me speak publicly in the past, you may recall that I talk often about the “listen and learn” concept. I am a firm believer in asking for feedback, actively listening and then taking that feedback to heart when it comes to making major program or strategic decisions. During any given month, I have the pleasure of speaking with over dozens of partners and, from those conversations, I’ll either get validation, inspiration and criticisms (sometimes all of the above!). But whether it’s a glowing review of our APN program or feedback on what partners really need to stay ahead, I want to hear about it. Continual progress can only be made with open minds (and ears), so thank you for your honesty and candor.
  • The Alliance Partner Network (APN) program gains traction: When the APN program as we know it was first re-introduced in May of 2009, it was developed as a differentiated program built upon the objective of driving partner profitability. Throughout the latter part of 2009 and 2010, we’ve added a number of program elements and enhancements, while keeping focus on a mainstay of the program – partner profitability. The bulk of 2011 was spent on fine-tuning existing elements within the program and driving new initiatives with distributor partners, such as Avnet and Westcon.
  • Our Ethernet revenue through the channel grew from 36% in Q3 2009 to 57% in Q3 2011: This figure pretty much speaks for itself – it demonstrates that everything is firing on all cylinders and that partners are getting more and more engaged with Brocade. Though we still have some ways to go, these numbers are really encouraging and gives us a great foundation to build upon. A heartfelt thank you to all of our partners for your contributions and efforts on this front.

What are some of the things you’re thankful for this year? Let me know in the comments below!

Barbara