Sofware-Defined Networking

Brocadian

Error adding Vyatta 5600 3.5R3 to Brocade SDN Controller

Hi,

I'm playing with Brocade SDN Controller RESTConf with Vyatta 5600. If I use Vyatta 5600 3.5R3 I get an error while trying to mount the vyatta router. If I use Vyatta 3.2.1R6 works perfectly.

Environment

Vyatta vRouter version 3.5R3

Brocaden SDN Controller

bvc-1.3.0.zip

bvc-dependencies-1.3.0.zip

bvc-app-pathexplorer-packaging-1.2.0.zip

bvc-app-vyattaems-packaging-1.2.0.zip

Warning : I'm getting following warning that disappear after copying manually ietf-netconf@2011-03-08.yang to /opt/bvc/controller/cache/schema/

2015-07-02 03:01:54,559 | WARN  | ssing-executor-4 | NetconfDevice                    | 270 - org.opendaylight.controller.sal-netconf-connector - 1.1.3.Helium-SR3 | RemoteDevice{vyatta}: Unable to build schema context, missing source SourceIdentifier [name=ietf-netconf@2011-03-08], will reattempt without it

Error:

2015-07-02 03:01:55,364 | ERROR | ssing-executor-4 | NetconfDevice                    | 270 - org.opendaylight.controller.sal-netconf-connector - 1.1.3.Helium-SR3 | RemoteDevice{vyatta}: Initialization in sal failed, disconnecting from device

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.impl.AugmentationSchemaBuilderImpl cannot be cast to org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.builder.api.SchemaNodeBuilder

at org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl.resolveUsesAugment(YangParserImpl.java:954)[160:org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang-parser-impl:0.6.5.Helium-SR3]

After debugging I've realized that the error is happening in the following line when class org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl calls method resolveUsesAugment

potentialTargetNode = Optional.<SchemaNodeBuilder> fromNullable(findSchemaNode(augment.getTargetPath()

.getPathFromRoot(), (SchemaNodeBuilder) parentNode));

The parent of the augment firewall (augment /if:interfaces/interfaces-bridge:bridge) is not a SchemaNodeBuilder it is a AugmentationSchemaBuilderImpl class and a ClassCastException is throwed

This could be a potential problem in yangtools but I'm not sure yet.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook