For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

SAN Health Utility

Aha
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

San Health 4.0.8b Problem discovering Fabrics

I am using v4.0.8b to discover 2 new fabrics installed this week.

They consist of 6 G620 and one X6-4 per fabric running FOS 8.1.2b

When i try to add the fabrics to SAN Health it runs the discovery, creates a new fabric and only puts the switch that i entered the IP address for discovery into the tree view.

All other switches of the fabric are not there.

I can repeat this and end up with seven fabrics containing one switch each.

It does not depend on which switch i use for discovery and in the small monitor area i can see that it executes the fabricshow commands succesfully and shows all the switches in the output there.

There are no errors when performing a discovery.

When discovering another fabric (older one, already in production running Gen 5 switches with 7.4.1e) it works flawlessly and creates a fabric tree with all switches belonging to that fabric.

Any Ideas what the problem is ?

Aha
New Contributor

Re: San Health 4.0.8b Problem discovering Fabrics

As an addition i'd like to add that i just received a SAN Health output from Brocade.

In the output it lists all switches in the fabric with their corresponding wwn as "not included in this audit"

So what' wrong that only the switch the discovery runs on is correctly recongnized by SAN Health ?

Hi Aha,

We've had one other person report this same issue to SANHealth.Admin@broadcom.com (it may have been you ??).

The issue was due to not correctly detecting the principal switch WWN which is what is used to group the fabrics.

It's fixed in the version 4.1 that is to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Sorry, we should have realized that the report generators would have hit the same issue.  The Not Included in fabric message is simply because it's not correctly lining up the switches in their fabric groups for that FOS level/switch combination.

We can fix the report generation centrally and get that into the next build.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

SAN Health Admin

Highlighted
Aha
New Contributor

Thanks for the Info.
The other person reporting to you wasn't me.

Is there a projected release date for 4.1 ?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.