SAN Health Utility

New Contributor

SANHealth report - extract to usable format?

Hello I was curious is anyone has found a good way to extract the SAN Health report information/data into additioanl spreadsheets.

Example:  I want to pull only the hung/stale alias/zones from these Brocade SANHealth reports ("Z_FABRIC".. tabs) to then spin cleanup scripts which I would use via command line.

The report under Z_FABRIC.. tabs show stale aliases in aqua, attempting to past these columns to another Excel SS doesnt work effieciently b/c of the resident formatting.  I attempted multiple cut/past/copy with and without all cell fromatting options and it continually carries the source formatting or pastes ALL the data which doesnt filter the data set (stale/aqua) of which I'd like to work with.  Very same experience with text files as well, meaning all or nothing.  I know I can "ctrl" select the stale/aqua values however the efficiency decreases doing this...

I have used zonevalidate previously, where output can be somewhat SS manipulated into scripts, just looking for the most efficient way.

Not a huge deal but the SANHealth report is great, just wish I could further automate from its output.

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.