SAN Health Utility

New Contributor

SAN Health unable to capture information from DCX

I have a DCX connected to two separate SAN fabric (yes, this is not quite right, but just want to save costs). Say, it has physical IP x.x.x.1. Then I assign two virtual IPs x.x.x.2 and x.x.x.3 to the virtual SAN switches. Each side connecting to another 5100, 5300 etc.

When I run SAN Health to collect the SAN data from the 5100, SAN Health found the DCX via one of the virutal IP x.x.x.2. But then it put the DCX in another fabric and the original one as an unknown switch.

I ignore the "unknown" switch and continue to collect information. It can get the information from all the 5100, 5300 etc but nothing from DCX.

How I can discovery the DCX properly?

Thanks!

YLChan

New Contributor

Re: SAN Health unable to capture information from DCX

I have a mistake in my question (since this is not setup by me).

x.x.x.1 and x.x.x.2 are two physical IPs connected to CP1 and CP2 and x.x.x.3 is the virtual IP as the management console. In GUI, I need to change the FID in order to admin the DCX.

Am I need two more virtual IPs assign to logical switches in order for SAN Health to capture informations?

Thanks!

Contributor

Hi,

I was in the same position as you but have made some progress today

1. setup a ip address for the VF, so a VF with FID 4 i used

ipaddrset -ls 4 --add <ip address> / 25 (i used 25 as this gave me a mask of 255.255.255.128)

2. create a user account that has access to this VF and also is its home

userconfig --add adminfid4 -r admin -d "Martin Hitchman" -l 4 -h 4

3. add switch IP address in San Health , using new account / password

good luck

Martin

New Contributor

Thank you Martin!

I think your solution is correct. I will need to get two more new IP addresses from the network team to assign to the virtual switches.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook