SAN Health Utility

Occasional Contributor

SAN Health Diagnostics Capture crashes

I´ve upgraded from SAN Health Diagnostics Capture version 4.0.8 to 4.0.8b
When trying to save the SAN Health Audit set SAN Health Diagnostics Capture crashes.

Then I downgraded to my previous version, but the issue still persist.
I´ve been running the same .SET file once a week for several months without a single issues or any errors.

•    Bare metal server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
•    36GB physical memory
•    Screendump of error message attached

Any workaround or ideas solving this issue?

Re: SAN Health Diagnostics Capture crashes

please proceed as stated in the screenshot, sent the needed log files to the alias and these guys will analyze.

Re: SAN Health Diagnostics Capture crashes

Just for anyone following this....

SAN Health uses a working directory to spool incomming data from the switches.  It needs full read/write/delete access to whatever directory is specified under the "Working Directory" in the options menu.  The default is C:\SAN Health Audits.

So if you see these Path/File Access Error messages it usually means that the working directory is set to a location that you don't have permission to or it may be full.

The things to try are:

• Check that you have full read/write/delete permissions to the working directory by creating and deleting a file.
  • Make sure that the drive is not full.
  • Run SAN Health by right clicking on it and selecting "Run As Administrator".
  • Try re-installing SAN Health, but when you install it right click and choose "Run As Administrator".
  • If you are running a very large audit that has a large number of switches being concurrently audited, ensure that your working directory is not set to a slow file share that could act as a bottleneck.
  • This would be highly improbable, but ensure that multiple instances of SAN Health are not running multiple times against the same swictches (potentially causing file lock/access issues on the working files as data spools from the switches).
If the above doesn't resolve the problem, then send an email to

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.