SAN Health Utility

New Contributor

SAN Health Check performance capture does not progress

Has anyone experienced issues with SAN Health (v3.2.2) not collecting Performance Capture from their Brocade DCX's?  There was a time that this capture used to work.  However, suddenly this stopped working.  What SAN Health does is that it says "Starting Performance Capture", but it never actually does the capture.  The screenshot below shows what Performance Capture does, but it never progresses pass this point.

untitled.bmp

Has anyone experienced this before?  We have other DCX's and 48K directors that don't have issues with the performance capture.

Thank you in advance for any comments you may have.

-Phil

Re: SAN Health Check performance capture does not progress

Hi Philip,

We have not had any reports of this behavior until today.  You are the second person to bring it to our attention.  For this reason, our first guess is that something changed with the DCX's that caused this since SAN Health has been at version 3.2.2 for a while.  Can you tell us if you recently updated the firmware on the DCX, please?  What version of firmware is it at?  Please write to SHAdmin@brocade.com and we can help you troubleshoot to try to find out the problem.  We are working on version 3.2.3 so we'd like to get this fixed sooner rather than later so the fix is in the final version of 3.2.3.

Hope to hear from you soon,

HealthDude

New Contributor

Hi HealthDude,

As far as I am know, there have not been any changes made to the DCX's.  We have other DCX's in the same fabric(s) and if we changed something, these other DCX's would have had the same issues.  However these other directors are not affected in anyway (i.e. we can still get performance captures off them successfully).  Currently we are running FOS 6.3.1a on all our DCX's and 48K directors.  This has been in place for a while now (i.e. before we had the issues).  If you need further details, I can forward more information directly to SHAdmin so that the fix (if any) can be applied to version 3.2.3.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Kind regards,

Phil

New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem on two DCXes. They are brand new with some 64-port and 48-port blades. We have FOS v6.4.0c on both of them.

Should I also send you more info via e-mail?

Thanks!

Milan

N/A

Hi

I am running SH 3.2.2 against Brocade DS4900 64 port switches running FOS v6.2.1.  The performance capture does not even begin and the Audit completes totaly after the Diagnostic phase.

I really need to get the performance information as I would like to prove bottlenecks on the Fabric.

Any help is gratefully received.

Thanks

Jo

Occasional Contributor

I am also seeing this on SH version 3.2.6 on Brocade DCX-4S with 32 port blades. Performance Capture never seems to start, but seems to time out. I have changed the network settings within SH, but all settings result

Hi matty.lamb,

Please download and use SAN Health 3.2.6c available at http://brocade.com/sanhealth to correct this issue. If you still see the issue, please let us know at SHAdmin@brocade.com.  If it corrects the issue, please come back to this discussion and select this response at "Correct Answer."

Thanks!

HealthAdmin

New Contributor

Heads up,

I have been successfully running 48 hr. performance captures with SH v3.2.6 against 48K's (48 port blades only) runing FOS v6.4.2a for the last 6-7 months. I recently upgraded FOS to 6.4.3d and the performance captures started timing out with default Options settings. I take that back; telnet is disabled on the directors and in SH. I just upgraded to v3.2.6c as suggested above and kicked of a 48 hr. performance capture to test and will reply again with results.

Michael

New Contributor

SAN Health v3.2.6c is stilll running performance captures...

sh326c.jpg

Hi,

I am having similar issues, SAN Health says it is capturing performance data but there are no performance graphs in the Report file. I am running SAN health 400b and switch firmeware v7.2.0a on 4 x DCX's

Regards,

John

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.