SAN Health Utility

Regular Visitor

HBA Model and Firmware details from SAN Health report

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to pull the server HBA model and firmware details for all the servers. I am able to see the details for few servers, how can i pull all server HBA model details.

External Moderator

Re: HBA Model and Firmware details from SAN Health report

[ Edited ]

can you tell me please the SH release you use ?

HBA Model and BIOS/Firmware Release ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I'd also like to know how to pull HBA details (model, firmware, driver) from Hosts. I can see some of them showing in the SAN health report under  "SAN Ports" tab but missing the others. 

HBA models are mainly Qlogic and Emulex; BIOS and Firmware are vareis.

Thanks for your help,

Harry

When devices log into the name server on the switch they can register a symbolic string.  SAN Health uses this to decode various information, the most obvious being model and firmware.  In some cases we get the server OS, VM, Patch level and other items.

Over the years the SAN Health team has worked with many of the vendors on trying to get as much useful information as we can into the symbolic string.  However not all vendors have implement this in their drivers and not all of them have been consistent across the various platform or OS versions. If the information exists we decode it and display the results, if not those fields are blank in the report.

Sometimes we need to update our decodes, so if you see a device that has a symbolic string that looks meaningful and we are not decoding it, please send the report name and the device details to SHAdmin@brocade.com so we can look at adding it to our device decode database.

Sometimes updating HBA drivers can help as maybe the newer versions have the symbolic string implemented.

Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks, that's crystal clear.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.