OpenScript

Occasional Contributor

Cisco zoneset conversion to brocade (user provided script)

Does anyone have a link to the old fibre channel user provided scripts?

It used to be when you would select on User Provided Scripts you would see:

zonemerge utility

Cisco zoneset converter < this is what I am looking for currently<<<<

RSH

Thank you

External Moderator

Re: Cisco zoneset conversion to brocade (user provided script)

not sure what you meaning with zoneset converter. This is the old Zonemerge tools, see DOC below

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi TechHelp24, I have been reading your posts for years, all good stuff.

First off there used to be several customer provided scripts available for download. Does brocade still provide a link to download them?

One such script was to convert a Cisco Zoneset into a Brocade Configuration to assist people migrating over to Brocade.

I would think Brocade would that to be easily findable and downloadable. I am not able to find any of those scripts anymore.

I will reach out to Brocade and see if one of them knows where they are. It is probably and easy find from behind the firewall.

Thank you,

Mark

External Moderator

Hi Mark, thanks for you post, and great to hear such a opinion.

First I've abandoned Cisco since many years, and second since Cisco freeze they SAN MDS Series Product at 8GB - and really show as Cisco don' t want to continued to focused on FC market - the same I've abandoned my interest and engagement to such Script or similarly.

BTW, i prefer in such case to create all zoning or whatever for config into a NEW SAN manually instead to use such converter tolls.

nonetheless, e believe - as fair as i remember- and at no promise,  to have such a script, i must see tomorrow in my old file.

stay connected i'll update tomorrow this thread.

About your comment, and from my Point of View, this is very interesting.

You are absolutely right, Brocade should  publicized such tools that would be help user most easily to Migrate Cisco to Brocade.

I think the problem that such a official Tools is not available is more a Political problem between both vendors.

This is my opinion.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.