Mobility/Wireless

New Contributor

brocade mobility 7131

Hi ,

i hope someone here may help in my question. My company have recently purchased a brocade mobility 7131 AP. After setting up i tried to log in to the AP using the default address andwhich is http://10.1.1.1 .When it prompt for password i keyed in the default password as stated in the manual. But it seems that the password is wrong. I tried looking for any way to reset the whole configuration(hard reset button etc..)

but i cannot seem to find. the manual that come with the AP refer to this website www.brocade.com/support i tried to look for any other support but couldnt find any. appreciate if you guys could advise me.

regards

Super Contributor

Re: brocade mobility 7131

Not tried it - but should work

Step 1. Serial up to the AP with 19200-8-N-1

Step 2. Power cycle the AP

Step 3. Press the “Escape” key when the AP states “Press escape key to run boot firmware”.

Step 4. From the “boot>” prompt enter “passwd default”.

Step 5. Reset the system by entering “reset system”.

The AP should perform a full reset

New Contributor

Hi already solved the issue but nevertheless thanks for the help. The method is correct.

Occasional Visitor

The firmware version 5 does not show the option mentioned, is there some other way to get the factory settings? some physical buttons?

N/A

No mi estimado dgmontes, no hay boton alguno.

Broadcom

What version of the firmware does this method apply to. Unfortunately, I'm using 5.4.2 and I have not had any success. Please help!

Broadcom

If you are running version 5.4.2 or higher. Follow these steps:

1.) Console into the AP

2.) Login as reset / FactoryDefault ( username: "reset"  and the password: "FactoryDefault")

3.) Once the device reboots use the default login admin/admin123

4.) from there it should prompt you to change it. You are done.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook