Mobility/Wireless

New Contributor

What are the serial console settings/pin layout on the Brocade Mobility 1220 access points?

I have several mobility 1220 access points that I'm waiting to deploy.  My hold up now is that I cannot use the serial console.

I use the following settings:

19200 bps

8 bit data

1 stop bit

no parity

When I connect to the serial console all I get is junk.

Does anyone know where the console port specifications are?  I have a RFS4000 and some 7131 access points that I can use the serial port on, but on the 1220 units that I have I cannot get anything.

I'm holding back a deployment into production for a bit until I can get the serial console working.

* Note, in general the 1220 units are working fine, I have them in a test setup with the rfs4000 controller and that is working beautifully.  I want the serial connection for troubleshooting.

Thanks 

New Contributor

Re: What are the serial console settings/pin layout on the Brocade Mobility 1220 access points?

The baud rate is 115200 for the brocade mobility AP 1220.  It is mentioned at the bottom of page 4 of the install guide.

Some more information for those who are interested.  The Brocade Mobility AP 1220 is an OEMed version of the Motorola Solutions AP622.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook