Mobility/Wireless

N/A

RFS4000 Captive Portal URL Redirect

I'm in the process of trying to implement a pair of load balancing RFS4000 managers with some BR650 access points as well as turn on some much needed security on my company's wireless network.  I'm trying to use an Advanced captive portal method where I've modified the default pages to be able to hold my company's acceptable use policy and keep the "I agree" checkbox.  I'm trying to add some additional functionality to the two pages that get hit to make the network access process a little more user friendly.

Depending on the user's browser and/or home page the user might not be receive the agreement.html page until after they trigger web activity, like the default Firefox home page.  What I would like to do is capture whatever URL the user was originally trying to go to, make them agree to our policies, and once agreed redirect them back to the URL that they were originally trying to access.

Currently the process is try to access URL, get redirected to agreement.html, agree and get redirected to welcome.html where you see a countdown timer of how much time you have left for Internet access.  The web developers that I work with are really more "content" developers and don't know how to do anything with scripting, just change the content of pages so they aren't much help, so I'm hoping that someone out there might have tried something similar and might have some insight.  Thanks!

N/A

Re: RFS4000 Captive Portal URL Redirect

Not sure if I can help you yet, but perhaps,  Our web developer is pretty savvy with that kind of thing,

First off,  How did you do the advanced captive portal method.  My firmware release just shows:  web page auto upload as the only user configurable option.  I am just trying to put in our acceptable use agreement which has way more than 900 characters...  I would be happy with just being able to expand the default box so that it is larger and can handle more text.  Do you have any ideas for how to either force my own webpage that I have created and tftp'd into the device or to expand the box that is provided so that I can input more text?

Contributor

Re: RFS4000 Captive Portal URL Redirect

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.