Mobility/Wireless

New Contributor

LAN1, LAN2, WAN port clarification needed

I have a static IP setup on LAN1 in order to manage our new Brocade 7131, and LAN1 has the "Ethernet Port" radio button selected.  I have the WAN port setup with the IP addresses provided by our ISP.  I would like LAN2 to be configured as a DHCP server with the goal of keeping our WiFi users off our main subnet.  From the documentation, it appears only the port with "Ethernet Port" selected can be the active port.  With that in mind, where should I be attaching the Internet connection, and how can I make this active while at the same time making LAN1 active?

Finally, will the WLAN "see" the DHCP server (LAN2) by doing a WLAN mapping?

I appreciate your helpful comments.

New Contributor

Re: LAN1, LAN2, WAN port clarification needed

I think I have most of this figured out now, but there is one lingering question.  First, for anyone else trying to figure out the same problem, I have LAN1 will a static internal IP address to allow me to manage it, and this is selected as the "Ethernet Port" connection.  I have LAN2 configured as a DHCP Server.  WAN is configured with the IP address info from our ISP.  Physically, I have a network cable running from Port 1 to the switch, and another cable running from Port 2 to the Internet modem/router.  For WLAN Mapping I have LAN2 selected.  For NAT (under WAN), I have LAN1 set for "none" and LAN2 set to the gateway IP on the WAN.

The wireless LAN is accessible, and IP addresses are being handed out.  I do not know which IP to use for the gateway, however.  Any suggestions? 

New Contributor

Re: LAN1, LAN2, WAN port clarification needed

For anyone reading this who is curious about support on this forum, let me just say you can hear the wind blowing the tumbleweeds around. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook