Mobility/Wireless

Occasional Contributor

I just received that latest wireless networking gear from Brocade :(

I just received that latest wireless networking gear from Brocade on my desk.

This is my equipment list:

RFS6000                                                             

Brocade FastIron FCX624S0-HPOE          

AP-7131                                                                 

AP-7131                                                            

AP-7131   

The sales guy who sold us the gear didn't sell us a support contract so we get no firmware upgrades or phone support. To make maters worse, the brocade documentation posted on their site is insufficient to complete the design.

You have been warned! If we had have purchased a cisco solution, I could have downloaded the latest firmware and excellent documentation from their web site on how to design the network. Cisco typically has design documents that have step by step examples. Brocade, wake up.  

Todd Murray

Senior Telecommunication Analyst

NHSS

CMD
Contributor

Re: I just received that latest wireless networking gear from Brocade :(

Todd,

I had the same experience with the exact same equipment listed in your post…… Except the customer I was working with did have support. It was still a fight to get the stuff working.

This is why we no longer sell the Brocade/Motorola equipment. This is the problem companies have when they OEM….

CMD
Contributor

If you have any questions, please post them. I will try to help you anyway I can...

Super Contributor

Hi Have you looked at this secotionof there web site?

http://www.brocade.com/products/all/wireless-lan-controllers/product-details/mobility-controllers/index.page

It lists;

Config guides

install guides

CLI ref guide

Also to my knowlage all Brocade Products ship with 90 days support for this very reason - check with you supplier or Brocade Rep.

Note : the FCX comes with lifetime hardware warrenty and point release in the same major release family.

Please provide your thoughs on the above link as to content.

Thanks.

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response Michael.

I did look over the Mobility Controllers 4300 System Reference Guide a few days ago and it looks extensive however I'm looking for some design examples with actual configuration samples for a RFS6000 and AP-7131 design (Hot spot and corp access).

I received a call from Brocade yesturday afternoon, and they are going to assist me now. They also sent me some new images for the AP's and controller.

Things are looking up today.

regards

Super Contributor

how are you going?  Hope thing are still looking up - or hopefully better.

Contributor

Im sorry to hear that you had that problem. As a Brocade Partner we make sure our customer has what they need to do a setup and we usually do the setup and a training session. In the case of something like this try to get a hold of someone at Brocade and let them know who you bought the equipment from and there is a good chance Brocade will help you get the equipment setup. Brocade is one of the best companies I have ever worked with and they stand behind their customers 100%

Joe Lentine BCNE

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook