Mobility/Wireless

How do I load balance 3 WLAN's so 1 has 15% another 35% and one 50% of the network traffic.

[ Edited ]

How do I load balance 3 WLAN's so 1 has 15% another 35% and one 50% of the network traffic. School setting  3 WLAN's Staff, Student, Education. I want to "throttle" the student and staff WLAN's down and give the priority to the education WLAN. How do i do this. I am assuming with WLAN Qos but what settings do i use.

RFS6000 Controller

Thanks in advance

Buercky

Brocadian

Re: How do I load balance 3 WLAN's so 1 has 15% another 35% and one 50% of the network traffic.

[ Edited ]

Do you use local termination with your WLANs or do you tunnel everything through the controller ? This is essential to know.

With local termination you need to configure rate limiting on the AP ethernet interface itself. With tunneling it has to be done on the controller ethernet.

I would not recommend to do this on the controller or AP even if its possible. You should always do rate limiting on the ingress switch or router interface with IP access lists where you filter the relevant 3 IP segemnts and apply a dedicated rate limiting to those network IPs.

QoS on the wireless interface only prioritize certain traffic but did not rate limiting.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook