Mobility/Wireless

Occasional Contributor

DHCP Options with AP7131's

I am installing about 50 AP7131's in our network and am curious whether anyone has had success setting various configuration options using the scope options within DHCP?  I can manually configure these but it would be a lot easier if I could do it all through the DHCP scope.

New Contributor

Re: DHCP Options with AP7131's

You should be able to get away with the following if they are on a Layer2 network with an interface of the controller.

option 190 ascii WifiController.wireless.com
   option 192 ascii 1
   option 189 ip 1.1.1.1
From Memmory, 189 = controller IP (ip)  192 = auto discovery (go connect to the controller) (ascii) 190 = the FQDN of the controller. (ascii)

That should be enought to get them to phone home to a controller en mass.

Regards

Occasional Contributor

Re: DHCP Options with AP7131's

Excellent - thanks.  Until I added the FQDN in the DHCP scope options, it didn't work but as soon as I did that away it went.  Now all I need to figure out is how to set the default ethernet connection on the AP to tagged when the AP downloads its configuration from the controller.  I have all of my mac-authentication working and the dual mode switch ports but I still have to go back into the configuration of the AP when it attaches to the controller and reset the default VLAN to tagged before I can caryy multiple VLAN's on the AP.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook