Mobility/Wireless

Occasional Visitor

Brocade WiFi Access Point AP7131 firmware

Hello gentlemen, we are running Brocade Wireless Access Point / Router - Brocade AP7131 and it seems that our current firmware version is having some vulnerability issues. I´ve heard that Bocade discontinued this kind of devices, but where could we download the latest firmware to have it updated? We are dissappointed with current life cycle of Brocade WiFi products, so we are thinking to dump all of our Brocade devices in the future. 

Super Contributor

Re: Brocade WiFi Access Point AP7131 firmware

Greetings ciaran_cze,

If you are referring to the Bash/Shellshock vulnerabilty, WiNG5 firmware does not use bash and is therefore unaffected.  I do not believe WiNG4 firmware uses bash either, but I'd recommend upgrading to the latest firmware none-the-less.  To do this, please log in to 'MyBrocade', proceed to the 'downloads' page.  From there filter by 'wireless LAN', select 'Mobility'... the latest firmware version for the AP7131 is v5540.

ciaran_cze wrote:

Hello gentlemen, we are running Brocade Wireless Access Point / Router - Brocade AP7131 and it seems that our current firmware version is having some vulnerability issues.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Brocade WiFi Access Point AP7131 firmware

Sorry for late reply to this thread, but i have same trouble obtain newest firmware for BR7131N.

Instruction not work.

On my brocade download section i cant found any wireless section and without an stu..id contract nothing work.

This device is old and i dont understand why isnt reliable for security upgrade free.

Seems that Brocade preffer world of unsecure systems with old buggy gateways.

Please if anybody can send me independent fw. zip newer as 5.3

Now im on 4.1.0 then too i need migration images if is need for 4 to 5 migration.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook