Management Software

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

question about BNA alert

I am trying to understand what BNA is telling me. I checked it today and found a bunch of "running configuration version x has deviated" messages. Naturally I cannot find anything relating to this in the help system.

Reading the text, I would assume the running config on my switches is different than the startup config, however I have pulled up several and compared "show run" with "show config" line for line and there is no change, So I don't really understand what this is telling me. Is there a way to look up where this is documented? 

Mark

Brocade Moderator

Re: question about BNA alert

Hi,

I am assuming your are managing IP / NOS products. Notice the following

The Management application backs up the product configuration after a change is detected in the product configuration. The initial copy
of a product configuration backup becomes the baseline configuration. Once the baseline configuration is established, the Management
application compares all additional product configuration backup files to the baseline configuration for deviation. You can view
configuration deviation status on the Status Bar of the Management application window.

NOTE
The latest configuration of the product is compared with all available baselines configurations of that product. The two
deviations for same product are deviation with respect to startup baseline and deviation with respect to running baseline.

More information (from BNA 12.4 but similiar to 14.x)

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/NA_1240_IP/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Config_Rep_IP.26.3.html

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: question about BNA alert

In understand, thank you for the reply!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook