Management Software

New Contributor

one of the member switch has invalid IP address 0.0.0.0

Hi Team

I am trying to add the VDX switch in BNA (12.1.2) but getting the error message "One of the Memeber switch has an invalid IP address 0.0.0.0"....

Seems the BNA trying to see the IP address in VDX switch management IP but I have not configured any IP on management interface instead the IP is confiugred on a VLAN interface. 

Would you please help me how to add the switch into BNA using the VLAN interface..!?

Thanks in Advance.

New Contributor

Re: one of the member switch has invalid IP address 0.0.0.0

Hi TEAM,

I got exactly the same problem, I'm in the cliente site to rum a DEMO of BNA and all VDX i'm trying to get acces have tha same BNA Pop pup error message.

There is an section in the Brocade Network Advisor SAN + IP User Manual that describe the following:

Mapping VCS in-band management
For VCS device in-band management, you must map the VCS device WWN to the in-band
management interface IP address in the DeviceWWNToIPMap text file; otherwise, discovery fails.
1. Open the in-band mapping file (DeviceWWNToIPMap.txt) in a text editor (such as, Notepad).
The DeviceWWNToIPMap.txt file is located in the Install_Home/conf/discovery/ip directory.
2. Enter the in-band IP addresses you want to include in discovery.
You must use the following format: the device WWN, followed by a space, and then the valid
in-band IP address.
Example
10:00:00:05:33:51:62:42 172.26.20.10
# DeviceWWNToIPMap.txt
# In-Band Management IP address should be mapped to Device WWN.
# The format consists of two columns per line, separated by white space.
# Each column consists of Device WWN followed by white space and followed by
In-band IP address
#
# A sample entry:
# 10:00:00:05:33:51:62:42 172.26.20.10
#
# Changes to thisfile do not require restarting the management server.
3. Select File > Save.

I have configured on my lab Ve interfaces on each switch with an IP Adress and put this IP Adress with the coresponding wwn name of each switch in the above described textfile and it works for me.

I tried the method listed below but still receive the error that the swithc has an invalid IP address of 0.0.0.0.  We are using BNA 12.1.2.  The notes do say you do not need to reboot the server, but I did not try that.  

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook