Management Software

Occasional Contributor

degraded link status

Hi,

after upgrading BNA from 11.0.3 -> 12.0.1 my 3rd party switches frequently get degraded link status.

I already increased snmp timeout, but this did not help. BNA shows port infos, so snmp read seems to work.

In BNA server.log i sometimes see snmp write to failed. I this the cause ? Why would BNA want to make a snmp write

to 3rd party devices ? (I also disabled automatic snmp-trap and syslog registration for the time beeing).

Config error or bug ? Jan

Occasional Contributor

Re: degraded link status

Did you ever get a resolution to this?  We just upgraded and our 3rd party products are doing the same thing.

Occasional Contributor

No solution for this issue, yet. I will post it here if I found one.

Super Contributor

I mentioned this to one of my BNA colleagues who should be taking a look at this shortly, so stay tuned.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Frequent Contributor

Jan.eckloff and dave.smith can you please collect the BNA support save and also a wireshark trace from the BNA server if possible so we can analyze this issue ?

Thanks,

Occasional Contributor

Hi Annie,

I made a ws-race when the event: Device Oper Status changed to degradedLink for device: e-rv138a occured. Notice the "..missing.." in the snmp response. Hope this gives you a hint. How can I upload a trace file ?wireshark-trace-degratedlink.png

Super Contributor

Greetings jan.eckloff.  To upload, when you click the reply button, top right corner of the grey edit window you should see "Use advanced editor".  After selecting that, there should be an option for attaching a file. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

I am uncomfortable with uploading this information to the public forum.  Would it be better to open up a case with Brocade so I can upload the files privately?

Super Contributor

Its however you wish to proceed dave.smith.  Contacting support is absolutely fine.  Or you can email it to us directly.  you can email it to wingman@brocade.com.  Both Annie Shaikh and I have access to that box.  Again, we'll work around your preference. 

jan.eckloff... I received your WS data, and removed your post.  just wanted to let you know.  We'll get to work on it.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks.  How long should I run the capture for?  I am currently running it and just capturing data from a couple of networks that have a bunch of Cisco switches and that are having issues.

Also, I ran the support save.  Where does it save that file?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook