Management Software

Occasional Contributor

brocade network advisor failed to connect to server

Hi guys

Not sure if topic has already been covered but I cant find it. I'm running Brocade Network Advisor (12.2.0). But recently when I start it up I get the error "Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:24600

Has anyone experienced this issue and have an answer to? As far as I'm aware nothing has changed since the last time I was successfully logged in. I'm thinking some services might interrupt and prevent network advisor services to start (dcm-service & dcm-database). Hopefully someone can shed a light on this

Host: Server 2012 (Virtual)

HDD free space: 16GB

Thankyou in advance

Tuan Nguyen

Occasional Visitor

Re: brocade network advisor failed to connect to server

I did an upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3 and started the BNA up without any problems.  After a server reboot I receive the message "Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:24600".    Did you find out what caused this?

New Contributor

I, too, had this same exact thing occur with BNA 12.2.0 recently.

No apparent changes and all of a sudden the error "Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:24600 appears.

I uninstalled the product and reinstalled to a new path and was able to log in and configure it.

I rebooted the server and now I receive this error again and cannot connect!

Any Help would be appreciated!

JohnC

External Moderator

start the "Network Advisor Configuration"

you get a Welcome GUI,

>Next

select FTP / SCP /SFTP Server what you prefer,

>Next

now you get the Option for:

Server IP Configuration

select the Server IP Configuration - by default the Configurator find the Server it self.

in Switch - Server IP Configuration, select the correct IP Address, by Default is this set to "Any" but you should be able to select the Server Address.

>Next and follow the procedure if any is required.

Now the BNA should start without any Issue.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I chose Built-in FTP/SCP/SFTP server and then Built-in FTP Server.

Then, since we have DNS here, I specified the host name in the Server IP Configuration box.

I then selected the IP address for the server in the 'preferred address' area of the Switch - Server IP Configuration.

All of this was already configured / completed following the initial re-install.  And as mentioned it DID work at that time and I was able to connect and configure the product.  Now, since a reboot of the server yesterday, it does NOT work.

External Moderator

do you tried to login trough the Browser ?

Open Firefox and point to https://localhost

if you get the Login GUI, you should see the Phisical Machine Name and IP Address.

is in the server One or more NIC Card ? if you have more than One is probable the BNA try to start from the second NIC.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

No,  all services appear to be down or disabled.

And when you try to start them, (specifically the Network Advisor Database service), they say they 'can't find the file'.

When we inspect the windows registry, we find in the dcm-database area, a path with an extra quotation mark in it.  (ie:  C:/Program " files/ etc......).  Not sure how it got there, but deleting that extra quotation mark still yields no results even after a reboot of the server.

Really puzzling.....

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.