For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

New Contributor

Re: Zoning Help Please

Does the Alias already exist?  If is does not use alicreate to create a new alias with the same syntax.  Hope that helps.

Contributor

This is a new DCX and new installation of DCFM.  I have to migrate a McData fabric to this DCX and I would like to create my zoneset/zones ahead of time. They will start out as LSAN zones, actually. I have already used the GUI to do this at another location but in this location I'd like to use the CLI.

So nothing is attached to the DCX at this time.

I cannot migrate the current ECFM 9.7.4 (Connectrix Manager) to DCFM because EMC supports the current McData fabrics while IBM supports the new Brocade environment. I'm not sure if EMC will support alerts generated from DCFM since it's not their "CMDCE" product.

Contributor

Been through the McData to DCX transition. From the Brocade CLI use the following to create the alias names:

alicreate "device_name", "wwn" (example alicreate "server1", "10:00:00:00:00:12:34:56")

Once you do the alias creates then you can use the aliadd command to add members to the alias if needed.

Once you get all of you alias' created using the CLI you can zone from DCFM or from WEB Tools whichever you find easiest.

Hope this helps

Contributor

Thanks, everyone.

Turns out my export from EFCM doens't have the colons required by the ali commands. I think I'm going to end up cutting and pasting everything into DFCM via the GUI.

K

Valued Contributor

I don't know the format ECFM uses, but consider using some shell command's (or even Excel) to add colon's to the pWWN's.

Beats cut-n-paste from a GUI.

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.