Management Software

N/A

Why is there no Windows 7 support in EZSwitchSetup??

Hello..

I went to fire up some brand new 5100 SAN units  taken from their boxes, got the CDs that came with them, read through the paperwork and popped the EZSwitchSetup disk into the drive on a Windows 2008 server. The disk spun, looked like it was installing but all I end up with is the Admin PDF and the uninstall shortcut.

I get no wizard to help configure the switch!

So I go looking for a EZSwitchSetup version that supports a Windows 7 desktop or a Windows 2008 R2 x64 and the docs all say Windows XP and Server 2003 are supported.

Windows 7 has been on the streets for 2 years now.

Why is there no version of the wizard that lists Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 x64 as a supported/usable platform?

Am I left with trying to scrounge up a Windows XP desktop, when we don't have any and don't really want any?

Or wrestle with this switch using a command line?

Appreciate your time.

pdc

External Moderator

Re: Why is there no Windows 7 support in EZSwitchSetup??

Hi,

I must admit - or maybe I'm to stupid - I've never undestood the Goal from ezswitch.

symplest way, point you browser to default IP 10.77.77.77 to config the switch

TechHelp24
N/A

Re: Why is there no Windows 7 support in EZSwitchSetup??

Sirs,

Sorry, our company also purchase your product Brocade 300 8G Fibre switch. Maybe I'm so

stupid to follow your 'QuickStart Guide'. But, I can't find 'EZSwitchSetup' installed on Windows

Server 2008 R2 (64-bit, with Service Pack1). However, your 'EZSwitchSetup' only support Windows XP

& Windows Server 2003?? It's so terrible.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook