Management Software

New Contributor

Virtual Fabric information in MIBs

Where do I find information on which Virtual Fabric(s) and/or Logical Switch(es) a given port on a SAN switch belongs to?  I've been over the MIBs a few times and can't find the information available anywhere.

Thanks - Matt

External Moderator

Re: Virtual Fabric information in MIBs

--->>> Where do I find information on.....

what kind of Info ? See the FOS Admin Guide and CLI Reference Manuals

--->>> I've been over the MIBs a few times and can't find the information available anywhere.

you have to configure VF before can Manage it.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Somewhere in the MIBs, I'd like to find out which Virtual Fabric(s) and/or Logical Switch(es) a given port belongs to.  Once configured, each port should have such an assignment - I'd like to be able to retrieve this information with SNMP so that I can record it with my own management software.  If someone could please point me to the best place to find this information, I'd appreciate it.

External Moderator

All this is descripted in FOS Admin Guide.

Another Guide or manuals is unknown to me.

Additional is a MIB Reference available from Brocade.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I've been through the Admin Guide, and read the section under "Simple Network Management Protocol".  It does provide helpful information regarding talking to the switch with SNMP.  However, it does not provide the detail that I'm looking for.  To quote the guide, "Each port can belong to only one Virtual Fabric at any time."  I'm trying to find out which ports are part of which fabric by using SNMP to gather the information.

I've also been through the Fabric OS MIB Reference, but can't find the information there, either.  Either the information doesn't exist, or the documentation doesn't call it out by name.  I'm looking for confirmation either way.

Thanks,

Matt

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook