Management Software

New Contributor

Setting up Traffic Isolation Zones

Hi - This is a first post for me, so I apologise if it is in the wrong place ..... Can anybody please confirm whether you need to set up the TI zone once per fabric or does this need to be set up on a per switch basis?  I have trawled through all the documentation & unfortunately cannot find the answer.

Many thanks in advance

Mandy

N/A

Re: Setting up Traffic Isolation Zones

I have setup traffic isolation zones when having a requirement to test some new ISL connectivity. This was done at a switch level ..

New Contributor

That is what we thought.  Than you very much.

New Contributor

I'm not sure if I understand the question.  It's my understanding that TI zones only need to be configured once in the fabric, and not re-defined on every switch in the path.  Though they only show up in the defined config, not in the effective config, you still have to do a cfgenable to activate them.

Is that not true?

New Contributor

Hi - It is correct they only show up in the defined config, not in the effective config, and that you still have to do a cfgenable to activate them.  But when I have created the zone I cannot see it on the other switch on the fabric when I do a cfgshow.

Thanks Mandy

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook