For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Occasional Contributor

SNMP Trap forward

Hi Folks,

I need to use the feature of SNMP trap farward to solarwinds (Network Monitoring Server) . I have provided the IP of the solarwinds server.So i am not sure if these alerts are being forwarded from BNA server. Idid the packet capture from BNA server and i did see the traffic. But i am not sure what are the changes that needs to done on solarwinds server to see the output. Please find the attachment for my trap forward details.

Basically i am trying to forward portoffline alerts which are configured in BNA to solarwinds to monitor. If anyone has implemented this please do let me know. Appreciate your help.

Occasional Contributor

Re: SNMP Trap forward

Hi Folks,

Please share your thoughts if you have come across your situation.Thanks in advance.

External Moderator

Pr@b

--->>>But i am not sure what are the changes that needs to done on solarwinds server to see the output.

For support about SolarWinds, you should open a TAC with SolarWinds.

BTW. I'll move you Threads in correct Forum.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the response. How can i make sure that the traps are being forwarded to thye mentioned IP from BNA. How can i check from BNA is there any logs that we can check. There is no record of these messages in master log. I did mention about the wireshark capture but am not 100 per sure on that so is my doubt if these are correctly configured.

Please do let me know if you have any information.

External Moderator

Pr@b

I don't have SolarWinds in my LAB and cannot test if and how is work.

As say, you should open a TAC with SolarWinds, or maybe waiting if another user here have a similarly config.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio,

I would like to check if snmp trap forward is working from BNA. Is there any way or document which describes about configuration of snmp traps for any events logged in master log.

Basically i wanted to make sure if all good from BNA so that i can work on the solarwind part later.

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]
I have used this software to accept snmp traps to see if BNA is sending the correct payload
http://www.ireasoning.com/mibbrowser.shtml

Or you can enable snmpd if you have a linux server

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.