Management Software

SNMP OID for configured Virtual Fabrics IDs

Good morning,

is there any OID to "walk" through, with the virtual fabrics configured in a chassis?

We have some DCXs, with several VFs:

<switchname>:FID128:<username>> lscfg --show

Created switches:  128(ds)  61  63  65 

...omitted output....

I need to get this same information (128, 61, 63, 65... or any other) using an snmpget o walk.

The problem is that I can't find this information in the "Fabric OS MIB Reference v7.0.0"...

Does someone know if it's possible to get this info using OIDs??

Thanks in advance!

Community Manager

Re: SNMP OID for configured Virtual Fabrics IDs

Hi Alejandro,

Well, not exactly.  The VF information has been added the appropriate Event Groups depending on how it best fits.  I copied a couple of examples out of the MIB reference guide below:

For the SW group:

From Fabric OS v6.2.0, the sw traps will have an extra binding associated to indicate the Virtual Fabric (VF). The traps will have a Virtual Fabric ID (VFID) associated with them.

For the Event Group there is the following object:

swEventVfid

This object identifies the Virtual Fabric ID.

I hope the above helps out a bit.

Valued Contributor

Re: SNMP OID for configured Virtual Fabrics IDs

Also oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.2.15 will tell you the vfid.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.2.16 contains vfname

But for those 2 you already have to direct your SNMPv3 get to context=vfid, if I remember correctly.

Martin's suggestion is based on the eventtable, which contains event generated by the chassis/VF/LS/?.

And as I understand alajandro, the goal is to get a table/list of VF present in the chassis when querying the device on SNMP.

If its'based on the eventtable then each VF should report a event on a regular basis to stay current.

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a single SNMP get on a OID that will list you all VFid's.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook