Management Software

New Contributor

SCOM MP for Brocade SAN Switches

HI looking for a native SCOM Management Pack for Brocade SAN Switches

I have seen the "Brocade SAN Management Pack for SCOM" which require Brocade Network Advisor v11.0 and above - but all I want is basic monitoring of TX/RX port monitoring in SCOM without implementing extra systems -

Hope this is possible

BR

Peters

Frequent Contributor

Re: SCOM MP for Brocade SAN Switches

Brocade doesn't have a SCOM pack independent of BNA . 

The management integration is only made available as a management pack via the Brocade Network Advisor SAN professional Plus or SAN Enterprise offerings .

If you are interested in the above you can find details in the SAN User Manual Guide page 333 . Please see the link below :

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NA_SAN_1200/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Setup_Tools.12.19.html

-Annie.

New Contributor

I know  -

just hope it will get invented as it makes basic monitoring of brocade Switches more simple to implement - all other HW vendors  (Dell, HP, IBM) have free and simple MP´s, so it will be nice if Brocade go the same way

Peter

Frequent Contributor

Peter -

Really appreciate the feedback . I will make sure your comments get forwarded to our BNA Product Management team . 

Thanks and Regards,

-Annie.

Hi Annie, would like to know if there is SCOM monitoring MP available now without BNA?

Eugene,
Highlighted
Brocadian

Eugene no there is no specific MP but you may be able to get some basic visibility by using SCOM to poll the switches via SNMP

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook