For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Required BNA firewall port to upload Supportsave

I'm looking for the specific port number that is being used to transmit the supportsave file to either Brocade or to a Dell EMC ESRS gateway server.

I relaize there are multuple port numbers mentioned in the BNA/CMCNE users guide and in the Dell EMC ESRS Firewall port Requirements guide.

For example, ports  21, 22 and 69  and 9443 are all mentioned in the above mentioned guides with vague descriptions of what they are being used for while utilizing CMCNE/ BNA.

We all know what these ports are generally used for however, what I'm looking for is specifically is which one of these firewall ports is being used to transmit the supportsave file to either Brocade or to the Dell EMC ESRS gateway

Please don't say "it's random any one of those ports can be used" unless your 100% sure that it's random.

One would think Brocade/Broadcom or whomever wrote the source code in the BNA/CMCNE API to transfer the supportsave log from the CMCNE server to the Brocade or the DEll EMC ESRS gateway should know what port specifically is being used to transfer the supportsave file and or if it is truly random port selection!

One solution to find the answer would be to  use some firewall application  like Check Point firewall and sniff the two IP addresses between a CMCNE server IP and the ESRS gateway IP while at the same time triggering a switch failure which  provided BNA/CMCNE is configured correctly will forward a supportsave file to the ESRS gateway or to Brocade/Broadcom

A simple review of the firewall log should show which port is being requested and used for transmission of the supportsave file.

This is the answer which I’m seeking specifically because none of the BNA/CMCNE or Dell EMC ESRS gateway documents details this topic.

Hopefully someone has this answer so that I don't have to setup a complete environment to give my customers firewall team the spefiic port number as an answer.

Thanks,

Michael Svoboda 

michael.svoboda@dell.com

Highlighted
External Moderator

Re: Required BNA firewall port to upload Supportsave

@svoboda_michael

michael.svoboda@dell.com

--->>>One would think Brocade/Broadcom or whomever wrote the source code in the BNA/CMCNE API to transfer the supportsave log from the CMCNE server to the Brocade or the DEll EMC ESRS gateway should know what port specifically is being used to transfer the supportsave file and or if it is truly random port selection!

Why ?

The answer is most simple.

BNA not required any DELL EMC ESRS gateway or another similarly Software / Application as gateway. For that reason, is such a gateway not supported / tested / or qualified, not that I should not know.....

Additional, FYI, as you are a DELL / EMC employ, take in mind, DELL / EMC have a owned Support Channel to Brocade. At this point I would suggest to ask you PM, he should be able to open a TAC to Brocade,

TechHelp24

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.