Management Software

New Contributor

Re: Where can I download/import BNA templates from for scheduled reporting ? We do have BNA 12.3.3 build 19

As attached, I'm looking to import more BNA templates.

The question is:  Where can I import and add more BNA templates from?  The default I do have, is not sufficient.  Thanks in advance

Brocadian

Re: Where can I download/import BNA templates from for scheduled reporting ? We do have BNA 12.3.3 build 19

You can use BIRT (http://eclipse.org/birt/) to create report templates.

New Contributor

What I'm looking for is :

==================

-  Download BNA templates from somewhere , other than default provided by BNA tool

-  Schedule a job on hourly basis, to create the reports in csv format for each fabric

-  Passing the output csv on hourly basis in automatic fasion to our programmer for processing, to be posted to our capacity website to all teams to view.

Brocade SAN health is a fantastic free tool, but can't be scheduled to get csv files on a folder on hourly basis, same like BNA.

Any clue ??!!  Thanks

Brocadian

sam.talaat@loblaw.ca wrote:

What I'm looking for is :

==================

-  Download BNA templates from somewhere , other than default provided by BNA tool

If you want report templates other than the default, BIRT is the tool for creating those templates. 

sam.talaat@loblaw.ca wrote:

-  Schedule a job on hourly basis, to create the reports in csv format for each fabric

-  Passing the output csv on hourly basis in automatic fasion to our programmer for processing, to be posted to our capacity website to all teams to view.

I think you should consider a different approach. Rather than passing around CSV files each hour, what about using the BNA APIs to programmatically extract the data you need? BNA has REST & SMI APIs, and you can also query the DB directly. Depending on what data you need, it may be simplest to just extract it via SQL.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook