Management Software

Occasional Contributor

RX and TX order differs in rest api response for two different BNA version

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I am trying to collect the traffic data from two different BNA version for the same switch but BNA rest response (RX, TX) coming in opposite order.

BNA version 
1. 12.3.1 Build 12 (According to BNA UI First metric is RX and second is TX)

2. 14.0.1 Build 170 (According to BNA UI First metric is TX and second is RX)

Rest API call :
http://IP_ADDRESS/rest/resourcegroups/RES_GROUP_KEY/fcswitches/FC_SWITCH_KEY/timeseriestraffic?granularity=GRANULARITY_MINIMUM&startdateSTART_DATE&enddate=END_DATE

Can anyone please let me know, what is the correct way to determine RX and TX in rest response?

Thanks,

Manish

TAC Mod

Re: RX and TX order differs in rest api response for two different BNA version

manish.tanger@cumulus-systems.

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the Community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement Team. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information regarding your configuration, so we can get you routed to the correct group.

Once your case is closed, if appropriate, we will post the resolution to this thread to help others within the Community; or, if you'd prefer, please come back and post the resolution yourself.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help faciliate your case resolution.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the link below.

Thank you!

Chelsea D

Brocade Community Team

@chelsea.demos

TAC Engaged Program

TAC Mod

manish.tanger@cumulus-systems.

I wanted to check in with you - TAC has been unable to reach you regarding this open issue within the Brocade Community. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Best Regards,

Chelsea D

Brocade Community Team

@chelsea.demos

Occasional Contributor

Dear Chelsea,

Is there a community or other channel where in can get our question answered? Could you please let know.

Our customer would like to know the reason why TX/RX order is not consistent across the BNA versions, as it's impacting them.

Even the BNA document is not of much help in this regard.

Thanks,
Mahesh
TAC Mod

Hello @Mahesh Cheruku

The best avenue to get your question answered was via Technical Support. We did open a case for you last week and unfortunately, our support team was unable to get in contact with you and so the case was closed.

We could open another case for you, but you would need to respond to the emails from Technical Support in order for us to help you. Please check your spam folder in case the emails were sent there accidentally. You could also call Support directly at 1-800-752-8061 or open a case via our MyBrocade website. Aside from that, and this Community, I’m afraid your options are slim and reduced to searching the internet.

If you have any questions about contacting Support for assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

Chelsea D

Brocade Community Team

@chelsea.demos

Occasional Contributor

Chelsea, Thanks a ton for quick response.

Yes, could you please open another case .

We will wait for the emails and respond you the required information to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
Mahesh
TAC Mod

Hi @Mahesh Cheruku

I have opened a new case for you. A member of our TAC should be reaching out to you via email shortly. If you do not receive an email please let me know.

Regards,

Chelsea D

Brocade Community Team

@chelsea.demos

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook