Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Performance Moniter

Hi I'm totally new to brocade switches. My manager wants to know how much each port is handling on the switch. I was able to come up with those graphs but after an hour or so I guess my session times out and I lose those reports. Is there any way to allow the session to run longer. Is that the only way to find out what's going through the ports.

Also I noticed there's a colored line for transmit and receive for each port but for the aggregate report there is just one line.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !

Oh and it's a B24 Brocade switch.

Super Contributor

Re: Performance Moniter

If you need it only once and not regular check the free SANhealth tool. It collects performance data up to 24hours.

The tool is for free and you can find it on the Brocade Web Site. You have to install it and collect the data at the end you get a file which have to be uploaded to Brocade and after some hours you get a nice report back.

The other option you can install DCFM or BNA.

Last option is you use Cacti or MRTG to collect the performance data via SNMP requests.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

If you use SAN Health you can run a task start each day, so you have a consistent performance graft. This works great on 2003 server but I have not be able to get it to work on server 2008.

Hope that helps.

Super Contributor

As far as I know was SANHealth not designed to run as a service in background.

To be honest, to get daily performance counters I would suggest to use MRTG or Cacti because this is active in many shops for Ethernet monitoring.

So it is lees effort and cheap to implement.

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

Thanks guys, I ran the SANhealth for a couple of hours. Got exactly what I needed.

Occasional Contributor

Hi I ran the SANhealth and it gave me a lot of information. I'm running this on a brocade that doing mirroring from two disk systems. We have two switches with 2 equivelant ports going from each disk system to each switch. We have zoning on the switch for a DS8000 and a V7000. I decided to monitor the switches this weekend when I started up mirroring for the V7000 and I noticed all the activity was on 1 switch and none on the other. So I went and looked at the config for each swtich the report shows me 3 zones for switch 1 (2 for the DS8000 and 1 for the V7000) on switch 2 however there are only 2 zones (the 2 for the DS8000). When I log on to the brocade switch I can see 3 zones configured properly there. Obviously the switch isn't using this zone since all the data went down switch 1 and the SANhealth isn't seeing the V7000 zone on switch2. Any idea what the probably could be?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook