Management Software

New Contributor

Oneview integration with BNA

Can someone tell me what the minimum requirements are to integrate Brocade SAN management with Oneview 3.0 Do i need a BNA license or is the SMI-Agent install enough? I have downloaden the latest version of NBA and it seems that the 120day trial license is already expired by default, so i installed the SMI-Agent only on a clean 2012R2 system and installed the JRE that comes with the download, but i cannot open the configuration discovery links (it seems that many people have this issue and is Java related) i adjusted jave and IE security settings as found in a IBM recommendation but no luck.

New Contributor

Re: Oneview integration with BNA

Can’t believe there is no one with knowledge about this neither there is anything usefull to find in the web and te 120 day trial version

is not even usefull as it is already expired when you download it....

External Moderator

@BrocadeDude

--->>>I have downloaden the latest version of NBA and it seems that the 120day trial license is already expired by default

--->>>is not even usefull as it is already expired when you download it....

you have most probable re-istalled the BNA on same server where a Trial was installed, now you get the message expired, that for first.

Second:

here the comatibility list OneView to BNA

https://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00006894en_us

accordly this matrices as per my understand, begin with BNA version 12.4.2 is not longer compatible with OneView, exepct the table is incorrect.

about Java Issue:

--->>>(it seems that many people have this issue and is Java related) i adjusted jave and IE security settings as found in a IBM recommendation but no luck.

if you are not able to start BNA due a Trial Expired License, where you get the issue with the JAVA ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thank you for the feedback.

What i did is download the 120 trial version and installed it on a clean 2012R2, then you get the expired warning right away

so you cannot use the product. while looking arround on what is required to connect brocade devices with Oneview it seems that the SMI-Agent is all that is need so i only installed that. When you then go to the config console of that you get a tab with some links in there, when you click on these you will see the Java logo for some time (else nothing will happen so i found out that java was required and comes with the install package) then it will disappear and there is nothing you can do with the product. I have seen the compatibility matrix, but it seems no one can tell me what i exactly need, the full product, smi only or professional to get this integrated with OV. Basicly i want to know what investement we need to make to get this working.

External Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hi BrocadeDude,

SMI and Professional Edition are for FREE, no license is required, however the Pro Edition is restricted in some Features.

about the expired issue, any BNA Image no matter what for Rel. / version, is NOT Time Bombed, the 120 trial persiod begin with the Installation date.

I've made in the past Thousend of Installation with the Trial and all work fine, and expired after the default trial period of 120 Day.

is the Server you want to install the BNA member of Domain/AD / LDAP ?

if yes, was another BNA Session Installed into another Server member of this Domain ?

back to JAVA issue, BNA - or in SMI Mode - work seamless with 2012 R2, can you please post the

exact error message / screen-shot ?

is any Firewall enable ?

are other Java release Installed ?

do you try to start the BNA / SMI as local User ?

try follow:

point to Server Management Console, Right Mousekey, and Run as Administrator.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook