For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Network Advisor how to right click FC switch and ssh instead of telnet

when you right click on a switch you have 2 options,  telnet or telnet through server.  We had to disable telnet.  Is there a way to allow a right click and ssh to the switches within BNA.  Or any other way to ssh from BNA.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robin

New Contributor

Re: Network Advisor how to right click FC switch and ssh instead of telnet

If you go to Tools/Setup you can define a new tool pointing to your SSH client, then create a Product Menu item pointing to that tool to give you a Right click option on the switches/storage. Assuming you have network access from your BNA client machine to the devices that is, I had to bodge something together to launch a remoteapp with the IP address. :)

New Contributor

Excellent. Thanks Jason. So now I see it in the menu when I right click... is there a way to have it feed the IP of the switch I've right clicked on?

Thanks,
Robin
New Contributor

On the Product Menu tab for your SSH entry tick the box at the bottom "Append Product ID" and select the "IP Address" button. You can add IP address to other items to use with SSH but think the switches have it by default.
For neatness I also set the Condition 1 to IP Address and put the starting number for our range in the Value, that way the menu option only appears on items that have the IP configured in BNA.
The whole Tools GUI is a little awkward to work with I found. :)
New Contributor

Thanks again Jason!! Greatly appreciated.

Robin

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.