Management Software

NA 14.2.1 installation - SMI Agent configuration

Hi All,

I have recently installed BNA/INA 14.2.1 and am wanting to configure the SMI Agent for integration with Spectrum Control (TPC).

The manual says the default username and password and Administrator/password, except they aren't.

I've tried the INA administrator password too, even though I know they are independent, and this obviously fails (I'm clutching at straws here).

Does anyone know how I can get SMI Agent functioning without an uninstall and re-install of the whole environment?

Geoff

External Moderator

Re: NA 14.2.1 installation - SMI Agent configuration

[ Edited ]
New Contributor

Hi Antonio,

I have followed it all the way down to step 6 where I receive a 'Invalid user ID or Password' when trying the default credentials.

I installed the product and no one else has used it, so it must be corrupt initial credentials. I installed 14.2.1 of the system, so perhaps something related to that package.

Geoff

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

I just test this on my test system - 14.2.1, full size, with SAN + SMI, and I could login with 'Adminstrator' and 'password'. Have you configured some other AAA service (LDAP, RADIUS, or TACAS+)?

Can you try to login and the share the output from 'grep -i login <bna home>/log/smc.log' or the part of smc.log covering the your login attempt.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Hi Martin,

I also tried the installation on another server but just chose to configure the SMI Agent after the installation, and the default credentials worked fine.

Something is definitely amiss with this installation, as the smc.log file is filled with the below line every 5 seconds.

2017-10-24 07:38:24,371 INFO  [login.LoginFrame] (Server Connection Monitor) Primary authentication type is :Local Database

When trying to log on I see the below lines recorded in smc.log.

2017-10-24 07:39:32,099 INFO  [login.FieldVerifier] (AWT-EventQueue-0) Verifying fields...
2017-10-24 07:39:32,114 INFO  [login.LoginUtil] (User Authentication) South bound interface:<my server IP>
2017-10-24 07:39:33,556 INFO  [login.LoginFrame] (Server Connection Monitor) Primary authentication type is :Local Database
2017-10-24 07:39:33,928 ERROR [login.LoginAuthenticator] (User Authentication) User authentication failed.Invalid user ID or password

I think I am going to have to uninstall and clean up the original installation and try again. Luckily I have only connected the SAN switches and not done much else with this installation.

Geoff

New Contributor

I've uninstalled, cleaned up and re-installed and can authenticate to the SMI Agent now.

Weird, whatever it was.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook