Management Software

New Contributor

NA 12 change the threshold for file system space

Hello,

NA Version 12 reported every hour " Total file system space usage 76% is above threshold warning 70%".

Where i can change the warning threshold?  The Message came from Module System monitor.

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

Re: NA 12 change the threshold for file system space

Hi Kasner,

I do not think this is exactly what you are looking for but I hope it can be start.  Below is what is in the Admin Guides for thresholds are event notification:

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NA_SAN_IP_1200/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Performance.45.08.html

If the above does not help, can you please post more information about what you are getting/seeing?

Thanks!

New Contributor

Hi Martin,

we have a Server Volume size 230GB (53GB Free) and the NA12 reported every hour "Total file system space usage 76.97% is above threshold warning 70.00%. Please free up some space." (see pic)NA12_01.jpg
This is a new Feature in Version 12, i have never seen before this warning message. The Poblem is that Warning message is fordwarding to the central management server. Now i search where i can change this threshold (70% is tooooo less)

Thanks for your help.

Community Manager

Hi Kasner,

Sorry about this but I haven't been able to find where this threshold is and thus where it can be changed as of yet.  Would your screen shot be coming from the vCenter plug-in by chance?  Maybe if you could get a "wider" shot so I can see more of the screen, that might help me?  I am sorry to have to come back to you with this question but I haven't found anything as of yet.

New Contributor

Hi Martin,

the print screen was from NA Master Log Window, there is not more to see. Here are a print screen from Event Properties Window. Maybe usefull.

NA12_03.jpg

New Contributor

The Problem is solved, this threshold is registered in the DB from NA12. You must generate database SQL file to update the system property table. Maybe in the next Version can you change this value at the GUI.

Community Manager

Hi Kasner,

Thank you for letting me know.  I'll ask about having this added to the GUI in a future release.  I think that would make sense at least.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.