For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Missing Tables in CMCNE (BNA) 14.2.1

I am trying to access som information in CMCNEs PostgreSQL-DB and I have found that some tables described in the User Guide are missing.

At least the following three tables (that I am interested in) are missing:

ZONE_IN-ZONE_SET

ZONE_MEMBER

ZONE_SET

Must I do something in CMCNE to be able to view these tables?

-- 
D/\N
Broadcom Moderator

Re: Missing Tables in CMCNE (BNA) 14.2.1

Hi Dan,

nothing should really by done - you following the guideline san user guide on how to connect to the postgres database, for example on how to use pgadmin III to access the database.  When I checked the list of table in the manual for 14.2.1 (SAN), I do not find the tables listed by you ZONE_MEMBER, ZONE_IN-ZONE_SET, ZONE_SET.  I quickly verified in a 14.2.1 supportsave from BNA and the tables you listed are not included.

What is the documentation (source) and version you are using?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin,

The Tables are documented (Page 3600 and forward) in the following EMC documentation for CMCNE.

docu83493_Connectrix-Manager-Converged-Network-Edition-Professional,-Professional-Plus,-and-Enterprise-14.2.1-User-Guide.pdf

(I have attached the relevant two pages).

I'm just about to upgrade to 14.3.1 - lets see if that helps... Otherwise i will open a case with EMC.

-- 
D/\N
Broadcom Moderator

Hi Dan,

I fired up  BNA 14.2.1 and the table are not there any longer. As of 14.2.1 they are absent.  And not in 14.3.1 either as far I saw from the documentation. The last BNA instance where they are documented are 14.2.0.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin,

TNX for the feedback - then it is probably a documentation error in the EMC Docu. Sad as those tables contain information that I am looking for. (:-(

-- 
D/\N
Broadcom Moderator

Hi Dan,

what where you looking for in the tables? It should be in the db (somewhere)? 

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.