Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Migrate from EFCM to DCFM

I am planning to migrate from EFCM (Windows) to DCFM by creating a new instance of DCFM on a separate Unix server. I have a few questions

•                Can EFCM and DCFM run parallely for managing the switches for a week or so, before i decomission EFCM
  •                I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?
  •                I plan to use the EVAL license to start, and then put in the full key in a few weeks. Does that work fine?

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: Migrate from EFCM to DCFM

Attached find a Migration Guide.

--->>> Can EFCM and DCFM run parallely for managing the switches for a week or so, before i decomission EFCM

Yes, but whit restrictions because DCFM have more Features as EFCM, and when you save same specific config whit DCFM, EFCM cannot open not supported Features.

--->>> I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?

I have never test this Art of Migration, but i think that not work because the Migration is only supported on the same Computer / Server.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I also opened a support call with Brocade and their take is that McData directors would work only with one management application at a time

(either DCFM or EFCM).

External Moderator

That is correct what Brocade say, and in your first question you don't spoke here to manage "McDATA" Directors.

--->>>...one management application at a time

You cannot manage whit both at the same time due to restrictions in old EFCM, ( as example Brocade Integrated Routing ) because this feature is in EFCM not supported, this is what i mean in my preview anwer here.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Hi gananthkrishna

just as Update,

--->>> --->>> I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?

I have studied the Migration Guide.

Not sure.... but 95%.... i think when you first upgrade the current Windows EFCM to DCFM and then import the saved config to a new UNIX DCFM, that must work.

This is a simple Migration / Upgrade procedure.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook