Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Migrate from EFCM to DCFM

I am planning to migrate from EFCM (Windows) to DCFM by creating a new instance of DCFM on a separate Unix server. I have a few questions

•                Can EFCM and DCFM run parallely for managing the switches for a week or so, before i decomission EFCM
  •                I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?
  •                I plan to use the EVAL license to start, and then put in the full key in a few weeks. Does that work fine?

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: Migrate from EFCM to DCFM

Attached find a Migration Guide.

--->>> Can EFCM and DCFM run parallely for managing the switches for a week or so, before i decomission EFCM

Yes, but whit restrictions because DCFM have more Features as EFCM, and when you save same specific config whit DCFM, EFCM cannot open not supported Features.

--->>> I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?

I have never test this Art of Migration, but i think that not work because the Migration is only supported on the same Computer / Server.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I also opened a support call with Brocade and their take is that McData directors would work only with one management application at a time

(either DCFM or EFCM).

External Moderator

That is correct what Brocade say, and in your first question you don't spoke here to manage "McDATA" Directors.

--->>>...one management application at a time

You cannot manage whit both at the same time due to restrictions in old EFCM, ( as example Brocade Integrated Routing ) because this feature is in EFCM not supported, this is what i mean in my preview anwer here.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Hi gananthkrishna

just as Update,

--->>> --->>> I do not believe migration of existing configs is possible when moving from EFCM on windows to DCFM on unix, right ?

I have studied the Migration Guide.

Not sure.... but 95%.... i think when you first upgrade the current Windows EFCM to DCFM and then import the saved config to a new UNIX DCFM, that must work.

This is a simple Migration / Upgrade procedure.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.