Management Software

Contributor

Increase SNMP timeout & Location for MIB file.

Can anyone help me to increase the SNMP timeout in my BNA.

Where can I dump MIB file. So that I can add Cisco switches in my BNA.

Thanks,

Nishant

Super Contributor

Re: Increase SNMP timeout & Location for MIB file.

Hi nshah,

Do not know where to change the timeout though.  See below for location to put MIB.

To add the MIB file that contains the trap you want to register to mibs_to_compile.txt, complete the following steps.

1. Go to <install-dir>\conf\mibs\ (Windows) or <install-dir>/conf/mibs/ (UNIX) directory and copy the MIB file into that directory. You may want to copy the MIB into a subdirectory of that directory.

2. In the <install-dir>\conf\mibs\ (Windows) or <install-dir>/conf/mibs/ (UNIX) directory, search for the  mibs_to_compile.txt file.

3. Using a text editor, open the mibs_to_compile.txt file and add the MIB information to the document.

When adding the MIB information, be aware of the following rules:

- MIBs are compiled in the order that they are listed in the mibs_to_compile.txt file.

- You can add composite MIB files (more than one MIB in a single file).

- MIB file names in the mibs_to_compile.txt file are case-sensitive. Make sure the case of the file name you enter      matches the case of the actual MIB file. Also, be sure to enter the complete path of the MIB file, or the portion      relative to the mibs directory.

The following is an example of how to add the two Cisco MIB files.

#

# Cisco Mibs

#

CISCO-SMI.mib

CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB.mib

#

# End Cisco Mibs

#

4. Save the file.

The Management application recompiles all the MIB files. If compilation is successful, the traps can now be registered in the Event Reception dialog box.

NOTE If there are compilation errors, you can view the errors in the server log: <install dir>\logs\server\server.log (Windows) or <install dir>/logs/server/server.log (UNIX).

5. If you make changes to the MIB file, open the mibs_to_compile.txt file and save the file. The Management application recompiles the MIB files and reloads the changes.

Thanks

Michael.

Contributor

Thanks Michael-

The MIB directory that I downloaded has  lots of .mib files. Do I need to add all the files and give path of those files? Or there are some specific files?

Thanks,

Nishant

Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can configure the snmp timeout in the Discover Fabrics diaglog box.

rgds

Contributor

Thanks Felipon,

I am using BNA 12.0.2 and there is not Fabrics option in Discover tab. And I couldn't find another place where I can change the SNMP timeout.

Valued Contributor

Hi there,

I am using BNA 12.0.1. In the below image you can where to modify the snmp timeout. Once the discovery dialog box appears, you have to select the switch you want to configure and click 'edit'.

Kind regards

Contributor

I am getting a lot of Syslog Message from my BNA server-

"Switch-101 SNMP: Auth. failure, intruder IP 10.x.x.x."

where 10.x.x.x is my BNA server IP address. I am sure, the SNMP string is correct. I haven't change anything- The only changes that I made was, added the MIB files inside the MIB directory and add path in mibs_to_compile.txt as Micahel suggest to me.

I am not sure what might causing the problem. I removed all the MIB files that I added and configure mibs_to_compile.txt file same as before. But the problem still not resolved.

I am getting error message from each and every brocade switch and router and the syslog message is flooding- around more that 1000 syslog message in an hour.

Help!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi,

try to rediscover your switch from BNA. you should also review the credentials used and if check if you are using authTraps that may be generating that events.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook