09-14-2013 10:31 PM
Do not know where to change the timeout though. See below for location to put MIB.
To add the MIB file that contains the trap you want to register to mibs_to_compile.txt, complete the following steps.
1. Go to <install-dir>\conf\mibs\ (Windows) or <install-dir>/conf/mibs/ (UNIX) directory and copy the MIB file into that directory. You may want to copy the MIB into a subdirectory of that directory.
2. In the <install-dir>\conf\mibs\ (Windows) or <install-dir>/conf/mibs/ (UNIX) directory, search for the mibs_to_compile.txt file.
3. Using a text editor, open the mibs_to_compile.txt file and add the MIB information to the document.
When adding the MIB information, be aware of the following rules:
- MIBs are compiled in the order that they are listed in the mibs_to_compile.txt file.
- You can add composite MIB files (more than one MIB in a single file).
- MIB file names in the mibs_to_compile.txt file are case-sensitive. Make sure the case of the file name you enter matches the case of the actual MIB file. Also, be sure to enter the complete path of the MIB file, or the portion relative to the mibs directory.
The following is an example of how to add the two Cisco MIB files.
# Cisco Mibs
# End Cisco Mibs
4. Save the file.
The Management application recompiles all the MIB files. If compilation is successful, the traps can now be registered in the Event Reception dialog box.
NOTE If there are compilation errors, you can view the errors in the server log: <install dir>\logs\server\server.log (Windows) or <install dir>/logs/server/server.log (UNIX).
5. If you make changes to the MIB file, open the mibs_to_compile.txt file and save the file. The Management application recompiles the MIB files and reloads the changes.
09-16-2013 08:32 AM
The MIB directory that I downloaded has lots of .mib files. Do I need to add all the files and give path of those files? Or there are some specific files?
09-17-2013 10:05 AM
I am using BNA 12.0.2 and there is not Fabrics option in Discover tab. And I couldn't find another place where I can change the SNMP timeout.
09-18-2013 12:28 AM
I am using BNA 12.0.1. In the below image you can where to modify the snmp timeout. Once the discovery dialog box appears, you have to select the switch you want to configure and click 'edit'.
09-19-2013 02:46 PM
I am getting a lot of Syslog Message from my BNA server-
"Switch-101 SNMP: Auth. failure, intruder IP 10.x.x.x."
where 10.x.x.x is my BNA server IP address. I am sure, the SNMP string is correct. I haven't change anything- The only changes that I made was, added the MIB files inside the MIB directory and add path in mibs_to_compile.txt as Micahel suggest to me.
I am not sure what might causing the problem. I removed all the MIB files that I added and configure mibs_to_compile.txt file same as before. But the problem still not resolved.
I am getting error message from each and every brocade switch and router and the syslog message is flooding- around more that 1000 syslog message in an hour.
09-24-2013 12:52 AM
try to rediscover your switch from BNA. you should also review the credentials used and if check if you are using authTraps that may be generating that events.