Management Software

Occasional Contributor

How do I restore Network Advisor Database in Windows 2012 R2. Can't find restore tab.

I am looking to restore a Network Advisor Database (version 12.4.1) on a Windows 2012 Server.

I have stopped the Network Advisor services as per the instructions, but I can't find the restore tab to restore the backed up database file into the newly installed Network Advisor. Does anyone know where it is, or if this is the correct way to do it ?.

Brocadian

Re: How do I restore Network Advisor Database in Windows 2012 R2. Can't find restore tab.

Could you post a screenshot of the Server Management Console (SMC) ?

Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I restore Network Advisor Database in Windows 2012 R2. Can't find restore tab.

I Can't see anywhere here where I can attach a screenshot.

I've been able to stop the services as in step 1 & 2 below, but can't find a "restore" tab anywhere.

The instructions state as follows :-

1. Click onm the services tab

2. Stop all services

3. Click restore tab

4.Click Browse to select path (defined in the output Directory field on the options dialog box - Backup pane to the database backup location

5. Click restore

Brocadian

When you're editing a post using Rich Text, you should be able to click the icon around about the middle of the toolbar, with a stylized landscape picture on it. Or you could use the Attachments function immediately below the post text box.

Here's what the SMC looks like for me:

SMC screenshot.png

This was taken with Win2K8R2. Should be pretty similar for Win2K12. One possible thing to check - did you launch the SMC as Admin? 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook