Management Software

New Contributor

Fabric Watch - how to set a custom threshold for a specific port SFP

Hi,

I have a few switches with mostly Brocade SFP:s and they all work within default thresholds. However, I also have a small handful of SFPs from another (supported) vendor for long distance ISL:s. These SFP:s have a slighly higher operational current than the default threshold, 50 mA.

I'm looking for a way to use Fabric Watch to change the alarm threshold for these ports, or rather SFP:s since it's the CURRENT I'm monitoring.

When looking at the thConfig and portThConfig commands it seems I can't quite accomplish this. I can change the threshold for _all_ SFPs with thConfig, and portThConfig will not monitor the CURRENT class.

Is such a configuration not within Fabric Watch, or am I missing something here? Could I go about this in another way?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Fabric Watch - how to set a custom threshold for a specific port SFP

Hi Charles,

i would like to make sure i understand what you are trying to accomplish. My assumption is that

you are trying to change the hi/low settings for the "CURRENT" thresholds for only specific ports, correct?

New Contributor

Correct. Out of all the ports, only two have this model of SFP. These SFPs draw slightly more than the default 50 mA, thus triggering an alert, but I don't want to raise the threshold for all SFPs, only these two.

Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately at this time you cannot monitor different currents for individual ports.

Below are links to the specific pages in the Fabric OS Command reference Guide for thConfig and portThConfig:

thConfig Command details:

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FOS_CMDREF_701/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=commands_a_z.4.392.html

portThConfig Command details:

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FOS_CMDREF_701/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=commands_a_z.4.319.html

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook