Management Software

Contributor

FCMGMT mib missing

Hello,

today i tried to compile Brocade MIB for FOS6.4.x for HP Sim monitoring software. When running mcompile using Brocade mibs, software asked for fcmgmt mib as a dependency.

Does anyone know where to download the right fcmgmt mib for FOS6.4.x ?

Reading Brocade MIB OID guide it talks about this mib, like

FCMGMT-MIB

FOS 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x

, but as said, no idea where to download it from

Thanks

Stefan

Valued Contributor

Re: FCMGMT mib missing

Attached the mib file, but is easely found with google (first hit on fcmgmt mib).

But HP has the MIB's available as well (but named fa.mib)

Or get them from this location http://community.brocade.com/docs/DOC-1733 (and again named fa.mib)

Contributor

Thanks Dion,

wondering why HP and Brocade name fcmgmt mib as fa.mib  even the mib text starts with

FCMGMT-MIB
DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

reg link you found in google: yes, i found it as well, but if i compare content of fcmgmt mib on google with fa mib on Brocade/HP than it has some small differences like   ACCESS read-only   to    ACCESS read-write   or    connUnitId  OCTET STRING    to    connUnitId    FcGlobalId

Because i am not a mib expert i dont know the impact of this differences and will go with Brocade/HP FA.MIB

thanks

Stefan

Valued Contributor

Using the Brocade/HP mib is your safest bet, since you're going to use it against SIM.

I only compared the top X lines from what Google returned, did n't know there was a difference.

Perhaps thats the reasno whyt its filename is different.

Anyway it appears the question is answered.

Could you pls mark is as answered as well, if you agree?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook