For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

New Contributor

Error discovering vCenter in Network Advisor

Hello Brocade Community;

I am currently evaluating BNA and have run into a error when I try to add a VM Manager.   I was able to add a test vSphere 5 manager no problem, but when I go to add our production vSphere 4.1 manager I get the following error in the Master Log:

VMM discovery failed for vCenter: myVsphere.mycompany.com

Additionally I get a popup which states "Internal Error"

While my company will most likely buy the product, and in this case I will bring this up with Brocade Support I was really hoping to evaluate this portion of the product during the evaluation period.    Has anyone else run into this error or have any suggestions?

Thanks;

Robert

New Contributor

Re: Error discovering vCenter in Network Advisor

Hi,

I have the same Problem with vsphere 5:

012-09-25 09:47:49,916 ERROR (WorkerThread#6) Event Key not assigned : VMM discovery failed for vCenter: vcenter.xx.xx

2012-09-25 09:47:49,918 INFO  (WorkerThread#6) User Name for session 3070774b:139fc5ace66:-7e9f is xxxxx

2012-09-25 09:47:49,918 INFO  (WorkerThread#6) Exiting discoverVCenter() after 2.728 msec. Return value: com.brocade.dcfm.vm.common.VmException: Internal Error

The Plugin ist installed an throws this error:

HTTP Status 500 - Invalid Vmware vCenter host

description: The server encounterd an internal error (Invalid Vmware vCenter host [htpps://vcenter.xx.xx/sdk) that preventet it from fulfilling this request.

Jboss Web / 2.1.9. GA

The https://vcenter.xx.xx/sdk is reachable from the GNA host

New Contributor

Hi Azi-sys;

My company has recently purchased the product so I have raised this to support.   Although we are still working on this issue it seems to be related to the fact I do not have the CIMOM Server installed or running.   Once I get a answer, and have it working, I will advise here.

New Contributor

Hi,

that would be great.

thanks

Stefan

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.