Management Software

New Contributor

Error discovering vCenter in Network Advisor

Hello Brocade Community;

I am currently evaluating BNA and have run into a error when I try to add a VM Manager.   I was able to add a test vSphere 5 manager no problem, but when I go to add our production vSphere 4.1 manager I get the following error in the Master Log:

VMM discovery failed for vCenter: myVsphere.mycompany.com

Additionally I get a popup which states "Internal Error"

While my company will most likely buy the product, and in this case I will bring this up with Brocade Support I was really hoping to evaluate this portion of the product during the evaluation period.    Has anyone else run into this error or have any suggestions?

Thanks;

Robert

New Contributor

Re: Error discovering vCenter in Network Advisor

Hi,

I have the same Problem with vsphere 5:

012-09-25 09:47:49,916 ERROR (WorkerThread#6) Event Key not assigned : VMM discovery failed for vCenter: vcenter.xx.xx

2012-09-25 09:47:49,918 INFO  (WorkerThread#6) User Name for session 3070774b:139fc5ace66:-7e9f is xxxxx

2012-09-25 09:47:49,918 INFO  (WorkerThread#6) Exiting discoverVCenter() after 2.728 msec. Return value: com.brocade.dcfm.vm.common.VmException: Internal Error

The Plugin ist installed an throws this error:

HTTP Status 500 - Invalid Vmware vCenter host

description: The server encounterd an internal error (Invalid Vmware vCenter host [htpps://vcenter.xx.xx/sdk) that preventet it from fulfilling this request.

Jboss Web / 2.1.9. GA

The https://vcenter.xx.xx/sdk is reachable from the GNA host

New Contributor

Hi Azi-sys;

My company has recently purchased the product so I have raised this to support.   Although we are still working on this issue it seems to be related to the fact I do not have the CIMOM Server installed or running.   Once I get a answer, and have it working, I will advise here.

New Contributor

Hi,

that would be great.

thanks

Stefan

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook